Travltalk.co is a publishing platform for the global travel community owned and operated by Travltalk Media Limited (us, we, our, Travltalk), and we frequently engage contributors to share their stories.
When you submit an article, photographs or other content (your Contribution) to Travltalk through www.travltalk.co or our app (the “Service”) [and your submission is acknowledged by us], you form a contract with Travltalk on the following terms and conditions:
By submitting your work to Travltalk, you warrant, represent and undertake that:
- You have the legal capacity and are free contractually to enter into and to perform this Agreement and have not entered and will not enter into any professional, legal or other commitment which would or might conflict with or prevent you doing so;
- You are eighteen years or older and if required to do so by us, agree to provide us with identification to confirm the same;
- You do not have any unspent criminal convictions of any kind subsisting at the date of this agreement;
- The Contribution (save to the extent that it incorporates material provided by us) will be wholly original to you and will not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third party;
- The Contribution will not contain any defamatory matter nor breach any contract or law including (without limitation) data protection law, the Official Secrets Act 1989 and other legislation relating to national security, nor breach any duty of confidentiality, infringe any copyright or data protection rights, nor constitute contempt of court or obscenity, provided that we shall not be entitled to bring any claim against you in respect of any material that does prove to be defamatory unless it was included as a result of your negligence or malice.
You hereby indemnify us and agree to keep us fully and effectively indemnified against all actions, costs, losses, claims and expenses of whatsoever kind or nature arising from any breach or non-performance or threatened breach or non-performance by you of any of the warranties, representations, undertakings or obligations in this Agreement.
By submitting your Contribution to Travltalk, you grant Travltalk the right to reproduce, use, exhibit, display, broadcast, distribute your Contribution, and create derivative works of your Contribution. This grant includes, without limitation, and without reimbursement other than as set out in this Agreement, the right to publish such images in other media and PR/promotional materials, such as marketing publications, advertisements, and any other travel-related publication. These images may appear in a wide variety of formats and media, including but not limited to print, broadcast, DVD, and electronic/online media. Articles which have been published by Travltalk may not be reprinted without express written permission from Travltalk.
You hereby irrevocably grant to us your consent worldwide to use, and to authorise others to use, your name, photographs of you submitted to us by you, your voice recording and biography on our website or app.
Use of work
Travltalk may, in our sole discretion, use or not use your work or any part thereof.
You recognise that we have the unlimited right to edit, copy, alter, add to, take from, adapt, translate the Contribution and you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive the benefit of any moral rights arising under the applicable law.
You will receive credit for all copies of the work, in the form of an author byline, a link to your Instagram feed, or through such other method that Travltalk in its sole discretion deems appropriate.
You will be paid for your Contribution if it is accepted by us and included in the Service, in the amounts set out on www.travltalk.co or on the app. We have no liability to you for any royalty payments or any further use fee.
We do not restrict or exclude liability where it would be unlawful to do so, but we exclude any liability to you for any costs, loss, expenses of whatever nature, whether incurred directly or indirectly that you incur in relation to your Contribution except for our responsibility to pay you for your Contribution in accordance with our Payment terms above.